We invite you to review our GMOs and Health section which has more information on this topic, available here.
Additionally, following are several excellent options:
There are hundreds of independent studies demonstrating that GM food does not raise any new concerns, and you can find those by following this link to BioFortified’s website: http://www.biofortified.org/.
- From 2001-2010, the European Commission funded more than 50 studies in Europe alone at a cost of >200million EUROs and performed by more than 400 research groups. These studies are summarized in A Decade of EU-Funded GMO Research. (NOTE: Please click on the study title to follow the link to the studies.)
- A 2012 literature review by Snell et al provides a good summary of feeding studies with diets containing large amounts of GMO-derived ingredients, and it can be accessed through this link: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0278691511006399 (Snell C, Bernheim A, Bergé JB, Kuntz M, Pascal G, Paris A, Ricroch AE. 2012. Assessment of the health impact of GM plant diets in long-term and multigenerational animal feeding trials: a literature review. Food Chem Toxicol. 50:1134-48).
- A list of organizations from around the world who have found that genetically modified crops are as safe as their conventional counterparts is available here.
- Information from the FDA regarding the health and safety of food derived from genetic engineering is available here: http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodScienceResearch/Biotechnology/ucm346030.htm
- You may also be interested in the information from Sense About Science, an independent trust in the UK that works with over 5,000 scientists to help the public make sense of claims about scientific evidence, available here.