We invite you to learn about the purpose of GMO Answers at http://www.gmoanswers.com/about. Here is an excerpt from our About section outlining our five core principles; we hope it makes information about GMOs easier to find, analyze and experience:
What is GMO Answers?
GMO Answers is an initiative committed to responding to your questions about how food is grown. Its goal is to make information about GMOs in food and agriculture easier to access and understand. The members and partners of GMO Answers commit to five core principles:
- Respecting people around the world and their right to choose healthy food products that are best for them and their families;
- Welcoming and answering questions on all GMO topics;
- Making GMO information, research and data easy to access and evaluate and supporting safety testing of GM products, including allowing independent safety testing of our products through validated science-based methods;
- Supporting farmers as they work to grow crops using precious resources more efficiently, with less impact on the environment and producing safe, nutritious food and feed products;
- Respecting farmers’ rights to choose the seeds that are best for their farms, businesses and communities and providing seed choices that include non-GM seeds based on market demands.
We hope to help you on your journey to better understand how your food is grown. As the developers of biotech seeds with our farmer and agriculture partners, we want to make information about GMOs easier to find, analyze and experience.
GMO Answers is a community for constructive conversation and discussion about GMOs. We invite you to take part in the conversation and contribute to a positive environment for all users on this website. If you have any additional questions, please ask at http://www,gmoanswers.com/ask.